Thursday, July 7, 2011

Finally Finished!


I finally finished Onward a couple days ago. The book was good, but not completely up my alley I guess. I originally picked it up because I love Starbucks and the atmosphere of the stores. It was interesting to read about how some products (specifically VIA) evolved and how some products were introduced to try to boost business when Starbucks was going through its hard patch. I remember many of the products that lasted only a short time and remember some of the special offers in an effort to increase sales. It was strange to think that many of the things I remember were brought about to try to save to company. I think the book would have been a bit more intereting if my career were in the business world, some of the jargon just didn't excite this kindergarten teacher! Overall I would give the book 3 out of 5 stars. If I was not a fan of Starbucks I think the book would only have gotten 2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment