Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Summer Sisters

I finished this book today and was happily surprised by it! I never really got to much into Judy Blume as a kid, so I didn't have high expectations for the book. At best I thought it would be OK. I was COMPLETELY wrong! The book was about two young girls, Caitlin and Vix. Caitlin invites Vix to spend the summer with her at her father's house. The summer months turn into a tradition for the girls. The book follows the girls through high school, college, and then into the real world. A special bond develops between Vix and Caitlin's father and his new wife. I read the whole book in 4 days and couldn't put it down. (Would have been faster if the home remodeling wasn't happening.) I don't usually give five stars to books, but this one gets five!

No comments:

Post a Comment